Friday 28 April 2017

Friday Sharing w/You 2017 April 28 (Week #17)

2017 FSY Week 017- Regenerating


Hello Friday Friends, 朋友, Kawan, Dost & PengYiu,

Quick Quotable
Quotes are told in a few words that impact to our soul. Quotes are not meant to be read lightly. Quotes can change your life only when you choose to be deliberate when you read & think it deeply about them.

This week Quote is:
True love is born from understanding~~ Buddha

Question for Reflection
Do I make a difference to others?     


One-Word Practice
Resolutions Don’t Work But One Word Practice Does:
This week, that word is:
Regenerate’


Today Sharing:
Last week I meet my friend for coffee. He asked me, are you retired or settled down?  And before I answered, he continued, Ya-loh! Your kids are now older, so, now you can afford to retire, and your bank is full.

I told him I am not retiring, neither am I settled. Yes, my kids are now older, but our relationship is not what it once was. Still, I always believe wherever my kids are in any part of the world, our home is where they will return for joy.

I am not retiring; I just want to be lost for a couple of years to find myself.  If you are hiring. let me know.

I shared with him a few things about why I paused the corporate world, and am asking myself, what will happen to me next? Where am I heading? Besides the coffin, where we will all eventually wind up in.

At 55, I almost forgot who I was, but thank Buddha, I was able to take a huge leap of faith and paused my corporate job at 56 years old.

Here are the 5 things I wanted to pause to find myself:

In the Corporate world, our job is to please others, so the very first thing I wanted is to let go of pleasing others. (Besides my family.) I even stop all my memberships with institutions that I was formerly a member of. Pleasing people is a pain in the neck for the bacon & cheese that I put on the table for my family. In fact, most of my kids don’t like cheese.  When you focus on pleasing others, you sacrifice yourself, and your job is not something you're doing for yourself.  It is the time to listen to my gut & intuition, just want to listen to it slowly.

As I mentioned, I just want to be lost to find myself, so the second thing is to do a self-reflection. Did I have any hobbies? Am I creative? What did I enjoy doing? Writing, teaching, or doing volunteer work of helping others? Did I like drawing, photography, or art?

The third thing I wanted to do is release my fears of losing a comfortable job with a stable income. If I can’t release my fear now, it might be too late. I might be am too old. I might miss my chance to be a Qualipreneur. I even wanted to tattoo a Qualipreneur logo on my left hand. I believe if I let go of my fear, it’s never too late to follow my dreams & my path.

The fourth thing I told my friend my bank is never full. I am a man with (F) Faith, (S) Strongly believe that Buddha works in mysterious ways, and gives me signs and gifts. (Y)Youniquely I am never cash-rich and hardly love-poor. I am surrounding myself with people who love me; I am not worried about how much money I can make doing what I Love to do, with or without whatever formal requirements that are needed to accomplish them.

The last thing I told my friend, I don't have to be perfect, and when I open up to change, it will shift my energy. This in itself will communicate with everyone that I am ready to be my true self, and allow the next Unexpected Quality Journey to begin. Stepping into my truth self will free me from any judgment.  I should feel (F) Fulfilled (S) Stronger (Y) Youthful.

The important thing to remember is to pause. Working is a lifelong journey till you end in the coffin. Work can wait.  Interestingly, if you reverse my initial FSY backward you too will able to find the other important thing of you – Pause & find (Y)Your(S)el(F) & your purpose.


Thank for reading 
I write for myself & for my grandchildren but if the story helps you, share it around. As always, thank you & (F)Friday (S)See (Y)You…... here again.

谢谢; Thanks;
感恩 (Ganen) Grateful
With Gratitude

感恩Today, Joyful Tomorrow... fsy

It’s no secret that 感恩 leads to more gratitude.

Please join me in advocating:

Make Money & Love Safety 
赚钱第一安全在我心! & 明天一定会更好!加油哦 
Jana Wang, Cinta Keselamatan

Until We Meet Here Next Friday... Be FSY (F)Friendly (S)Strong & (Y)Youthful.

Click to continue reading… http://www.qualipreneur.com/category/friday-sharing/

Acknowledgements

My FSY’s sharing is unscientifically and some are contributed by wife & children, friends, acquaintances. I write and share things that matter to me. I understand that everyone has their own opinions, views, & thoughts. There are no right or wrong answers. Nothing is true or untrue, most facts and data can be twisted to your favour.

To the authors, contributors and original sources, my thanks and where appropriate my apologies if I forget to quote your names.  If I took a page from your generous sharing and tweaked it into something else, something I hope will spread and the whole purpose is for sharing and sharing is caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment