Friday 13 January 2017

Friday Sharing w/You - 2017 January 13 (Week #02)


Hello Friday Friends, 朋友, Kawan, Dost & PengYiu,

Quick Quotable:
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment - Buddha

Question for Reflection:
What proportion of the time do you spend listening versus talking?

Today Sharing:
On the article - Malaysian express buses 'safe, but drivers' pay too low'


WOW, Wow, Wow!!!  99.9 % is okay. Do you agree?

In my Quality Education workshop, I stressed that if 99.9% is an acceptable quality standard than if out of 100 babies born in the hospital, one drops dead. If that one dead baby is your newborn baby, what will happen to you? I believe you will not accept that 0.1%. Same to the bus accident on the eve of Christmas, 99.9 % is okay because those who died are someone else's family members, not yours.  Question: If the airplane industries accepted 99.9% as their standard, how many planes will drop from the sky in a day?

And I am sure the passengers didn't buckle-up, or maybe the bus has no seat belt.

Understandable that when you put Man + Machine + Mind not on task = accidents happen. We need to demand 100% Quality Certainty in our work, period!  Make Money and Love Safety regardless of work status.

So, what’s next?

The Question - What is really important to you in your job, work, task, activity or whatever you are doing?

Ask the employees (in this case the drivers) who think about all the things they could have been, the things they could have done and all the things they could have had, yet did nothing about it.

Ask them because they know what hell is like. Ask your employee is there something in them that seeks expression? Our world will be a better, safer place to work and live in when everyone is able to share their thoughts, teaching, sharing, give & take and being their better best. Make Money & Love safety, Quality Work & Quality Life: all these 4 elements have prevailed.

Maybe the Malaysia and Singapore high-speed trains will at least cut down the number of accidents, but that will take another decade. In the meantime, if there is something in you that you need to express – get it out.

Until We Meet Here Next Friday... Keep Researching

The word ‘Research” tends to be a big thing that seems to need lots of money. It's always been associated with Research & Development (R&D) for big organizations.

But for me, I learned the word research from my dad. Once my dad asked me to go to my room to search for something and after searching for a while I told my dad I can’t find it. He firmly told me to go back and ‘Re-search’ my room again. I went back to Re-search, and I found it.

You don’t need to be a scientist or have a Ph.D. to do Research, and you don’t need to be hung up on the word “Research”. At your personal level, you need a lot of self-Research, and a good example to apply research is through resolutions.  If you've yet to decide on your 2017 resolutions, maybe it is a good time to do some Re-searching of yourself, see what is missing and add it to your resolutions.

Okay, until We Meet Here Next Friday... Keep Researching.

Describe your week's activities that made an impact and it might change your habits every day in that week. It’s worth asking yourself what the words are designed to do.

As mentioned, this year I am selecting words starting with “Re” The first word to practice last week is ‘Resolute’… (Week #01, Jan 06). Today's is ‘Keep Researching’.

How will you practice this word ‘Research’ for the week?

Please share with me at daniel@qualipreneur.com

Please join me in advocating:

Make Money & Love Safety

赚钱第一安全在我心! & 明天一定会更好!加油哦

Jana Wang, Cinta Keselamatan


Thank for reading
 感恩 (Ganen) Grateful
With Gratitude
感恩Today, Joyful Tomorrow... fsy

I write to exercise my brain & keepsake for my grandchildren but if the story helps you, share it around. As always, thank you & (F)Friday (S)See (Y)You…... here again.

Click to continue reading… http://www.qualipreneur.com/category/friday-sharing/

Acknowledgements:
My FSY’s sharing is unscientifically and some are contributed by wife & children, friends, acquaintances. I write and share things that matter to me. I understand that everyone has their own opinions, views, & thoughts. There are no right or wrong answers. Nothing is true or untrue, most facts and data can be twisted to your favour.

To the authors, contributors and original sources, my thanks and where appropriate my apologies if I forget to quote your names.  If I took a page from your generous sharing and tweaked it into something else, something I hope will spread and the whole purpose is for sharing and sharing is caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment