Friday 10 March 2017

Friday Sharing w/You 2017 March 10 (Week #10)

2017 FSY Week 010 - Rediscover

Hello Friday Friends, 朋友, Kawan, Dost & PengYiu,

Quick Quotable
There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting. ~~ Buddha

Question for Reflection
I have not failed 10,000 times, I have successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work – Thomas Edison
Based on the above famous quote, it’s not failure it’s called learning. So this week question for reflection: Do I turn my mistakes/or failures into learning and acknowledge when I don’t know something?
One-Word Practice
Resolutions Don’t Work But One Word Practice Does:
This week, that word is:
Rediscover

Today Sharing:
Should you make your own bed -- or maybe your maid or parent makes your bed -- every morning?

If you are the kind of person who wakes up ready to conquer the world, then, first things first, is to make the bed. How you make the bed dictates how you do the next thing and everything else for the day. Even you don't conquer the world on that day, at least you can look back and claim that you conquered a simple task - "I made my bed".
I make my bed every morning not because it makes my room look neat and clean. I am quite a messy person, but I am very clean in a sense. I got a few interesting reasons, you might disagree with me, but who cares?
It’s a daily reminder that I am in control of my life.
It gives me a small sense of accomplishment, and it helps build momentum.
It sets my flow for the day. Example: next thing I drink a glass of water, then I go for a short brisk walk, shower, and meet my "CEO" that's back to my (C)Caffeine, (E)Eggs & (O)Oat breakfast  and start my day (F)Fresh (S)Stronger & (Y) Yearning to conquer the world.  When I get back home in the evening, after my dinner & shower at the end of the night if I am  exhausted with a heavy head I got a neat & clean bed waiting for me. It makes me feel better and I can sleep tight.
 CEO - Coffee Egg Oat
For Singaporean who completed their National Service, they might know the term "Standby bed" in the morning.
You need to do it right, the corners must be square, the covers pulled tight, the pillow centered and the blanket folded neatly at the foot of the bed That is the standby bed standard. it was a simple task — mundane at best. But every morning you were required to make your bed to perfection. It seemed a little ridiculous at the time, particularly in light of the fact that you were supposed to be here for tough battle-hardened training to defense our country. But the wisdom of this simple act behind making your own bed and "Standby bed" is that if you can’t do the little things right, you will never do the big things right. By the end of the day, that one task completed would have turned into many tasks completed. Making your bed also reinforces the fact that little things in life matter. A final thought before I move to the next story making your bed in the morning leads to other good habits. -Discipline is one of them.
 The next story I am sharing links to the One-Word Practice. - This week, that word is: ‘Rediscover

Rediscover who adds value to your life.
Don’t hang around people that are negative.  People who are negative don't add value to you. Someone said you become like the average of the five people you spend the most time with. That is really true, when I start to network, those people around me have Degrees & Master Degrees, and they read a lot of books during a time where there was no E-book yet. So I also start buying a lot of books, read and I started to pursue my Degree in business. I also stop hanging around those colleague who smoke during breaks time. And eventually, I quit smoking. (I started smoking at the age of 14 and quitted in the year 2000)  If you spend time with people who tear you down, you’ll be torn down. Choose your friends wisely and let go of the dead-wood.
Today I quit all my memberships which I am associated & let go all my networks, to be lost for a few years hopefully to be able to find myself and start a better me.  I learned that you only Learn by your own Living. At 60 to be mature you have to realize what you value most. It is interesting to find that not many few people reach their own level of maturity. They spend great effort working their whole life, some even die on their job like the Japan, Karōshi. (過労死, overwork death) They make great sacrifices for values that fundamentally meet no real needs of their own. They believe in the values of their particular profession or job.  And to fulfill their children needs. They totally forget that the 1st 10 years their children love them, the next 10 years, their children will judge them and another 10 years their children don’t want them. They don't dare to be lost, to find what has value for them. Not to arrive at a clear understanding of one’s own values is a tragic waste. You have missed the whole point of what life is for. So my question for you is this: What are your 3Ws – (W)Wants, (W)Wishes & (W)Wonders?


Thank for reading
I write for myself & for my grandchildren but if the story helps you share it around. As always, thank you & (F)Friday (S)See (Y)You…... here again.

谢谢; Thanks;
感恩 (Ganen) Grateful
With Gratitude

感恩Today, Joyful Tomorrow... fsy

It’s no secret that 感恩 leads to more gratitude.

Please join me in advocating:

Make Money & Love Safety

赚钱第一安全在我心! & 明天一定会更好!加油哦

Jana Wang, Cinta Keselamatan

Until We Meet Here Next Friday... Be FSY (F)Friendly (S)Strong & (Y)Youthful.

Click to continue reading… http://www.qualipreneur.com/category/friday-sharing/

Acknowledgements

My FSY’s sharing is unscientifically and some are contributed by wife & children, friends, acquaintances. I write and share things that matter to me. I understand that everyone has their own opinions, views, & thoughts. There are no right or wrong answers. Nothing is true or untrue, most facts and data can be twisted to your favour.

To the authors, contributors and original sources, my thanks and where appropriate my apologies if I forget to quote your names.  If I took a page from your generous sharing and tweaked it into something else, something I hope will spread and the whole purpose is for sharing and sharing is caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment