Friday 17 March 2017

Friday Sharing w/You - 2017 March 17 (Week#11)

2017 FSY Week 011 - Reset

Hello Friday Friends, 朋友, Kawan, Dost & PengYiu,

Quick Quotable
Quotes are told in a few words that impact to our soul. Quotes are not meant to be read lightly. Quotes can change your life only when you choose to be deliberate when you read & think it deeply about them.
Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace. ~~ Buddha

Question for Reflection
Are my words and actions aligned behind the same message?  
  
One-Word Practice
Resolutions Don’t Work But One Word Practice Does:
This week, that word is:
Reset

Today Sharing:

Quality ‘Requirement’ or ‘99.9%’ is okay?

I went to STA Inspection Centre for my car inspection required by Land Transport Authority (LTA) and after going through all the testing stations my car complied with the prescribed statutory requirement - I like the word "Requirement" stated on the Test Certificate. If you attended my Quality Improvement Process (QIP) Workshop you learnt that Quality Requirement is one of the Five Quality Principles and not 99.9%.

That brings me to the Christmas eve Bus accident in Malaysia that killed 14 people.(Click here to read) In the newspaper article someone mentioned that out of hundreds of trips a day, there is one accident and everyone jumps on the bandwagon. My guessing is will you accept 99.9 % as a okay standard.

In my Quality Education workshop, I stressed that if 99.9% is an acceptable quality standard than if out of 100 babies born in the hospital, one drops dead. If that one dead baby is your newborn baby, what will happen to you? I believe you will not accept that 0.1%. Same to the bus accident on the eve of Christmas, 99.9 % is okay because those who died are someone else's family members, not yours.  Question: If the airplane industries accepted 99.9% as their standard, how many planes will drop from the sky in a day?

And I am sure the passengers didn't buckle-up, or maybe the bus has no seat belt.

Understandable that when you put Man + Machine +Mind not on task = accidents happen. We need to demand 100% Quality Certainty in our work, period!  Make Money and Love Safety regardless of work status.



What is really important to you in your job, work, task, activity or whatever you are doing?

Ask the employees (in this case the drivers) who think about all the things they could have been, the things they could have done and all the things they could have had, yet did nothing about it.

Ask them because they know what hell is like. Ask your employee is there something in them that seeks expression? Our world will be a better, safer place to work and live in when everyone is able to share their thoughts, teaching, sharing, giving and being their better best. Make Money & Love safety, Quality Work & Quality Life: all these 4 elements have prevailed.

Maybe the Malaysia and Singapore high-speed trains will at least cut down the number of accidents, but that will take another decade.

In the meantime, if there is something in you that you need to express – get it out.

To all my readers, Make Money and Love Safety & you live another day to make money & love safety, and…. is cycle! is ritual! is a routine!

Thank for reading
I write for myself & for my grandchildren but if the story helps you, share it around. As always, thank you & (F)Friday (S)See (Y)You…... here again.

谢谢; Thanks;
感恩 (Ganen) Grateful
With Gratitude

感恩Today, Joyful Tomorrow... fsy

It’s no secret that 感恩 leads to more gratitude.

Please join me in advocating: 

Make Money & Love Safety
赚钱第一安全在我心! & 明天一定会更好!加油哦
Jana Wang, Cinta Keselamatan

Until We Meet Here Next Friday... Be FSY (F)Friendly (S)Strong & (Y)Youthful.

Click to continue reading… http://www.qualipreneur.com/category/friday-sharing/

Acknowledgements

My FSY’s sharing is unscientifically and some are contributed by wife & children, friends, acquaintances. I write and share things that matter to me. I understand that everyone has their own opinions, views, & thoughts. There are no right or wrong answers. Nothing is true or untrue, most facts and data can be twisted to your favour.

To the authors, contributors and original sources, my thanks and where appropriate my apologies if I forget to quote your names.  If I took a page from your generous sharing and tweaked it into something else, something I hope will spread and the whole purpose is for sharing and sharing is caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment