Friday 24 March 2017

Friday Sharing w/You 2017 March 24 (Week#12)

2017 FSY Week 012- Reconstruct



Hello Friday Friends, 朋友, Kawan, Dost & PengYiu,

How are you today? Yes, everything’s fine. Why do you ask?
When one is distressed on Friday, one either has to take a walk or use pen or pencil to take a line for a walk. (Doodling)


Quick Quotable
Quotes are told in a few words that impact to our soul. Quotes are not meant to be read lightly. Quotes can change your life only when you choose to be deliberate when you read & think it deeply about them.

If with a pure mind a person speaks or acts, happiness follows them like a never-departing shadow. ~~Buddha         


Question for Reflection
What is something you accomplished last week that you are proud of?     

          
One-Word Practice
Resolutions Don’t Work But One Word Practice Does:
This week, that word is:
‘Reconstruct’


Today Sharing:

This article was submitted to stforum@sph.com.sg.
They acknowledged and if they do not contact me within five working days of receiving my submission and it will not be published.

And it passed 5 days and today I share with you, on my blog and Facebook … yeeha


Please tell me something I don't know.
Swee Say: To do well in future, adapt and learn, adapt and learn
Manpower Minister Lim Swee Say declared that the idea of doing the same job for life is obsolete. To do well in future, we have to adapt and learn.

Please tell me something I don't know. Since the day we became "human", we have been adapting and learning. This is nothing new. I believe that certain jobs will not become obsolete even if someone works the same job throughout their life. Firemen, Policeman and especially Nursing. I strongly believe that Nursing will never be obsolete. That's why I supported my daughter's decision to further her studies in Nursing at Curtin University.

No technology can replace Nursing as you can't automate caring, even with humanoids. With an aging society, we need more nurses, not more technology, or innovation, or productivity. Instead of Quality Certainty & Kaizen, we pushed the wrong button. We drop the well-oiled Quality movement in my time, and pushed for "Boh-Ta-Boh-Ti". We pushed for the "Smart" journey, spending hard-earned taxpayer money on something that has zero growth in productivity for almost 10 years. I hope we will restart Quality Certainty and Kaizen of the past.

The bottleneck in our economy might be due to increasing basic costs too high and too fast. Our HDBs although (H)Home (D)Done (B)Beautifully but are damn expensive a pigeonholes in the sky that cost more than $100K. With $100K, our Neighbour country, their citizens can easily buy a single story landed property. To me, that's truly low-cost public housing.

Whatever the term you want to use, please get the Committee of the Future Economy to look into removing all GST on daily basic ingredients needed to cook warm family meals like Rice, Sugar, Salt, oil, egg, vegetables, etc. This way, we will encourage more families to cook a simple warm meal at home and lessen the burden of looking for "Smart" Hawkers.

Question for the Committee of the Future Economy: Did we ever think out of the box of going to Johor and lease a big piece of land to start "Smart" farming? Just like China, leasing lands to create a garden country or forest of cities.

Thank for reading
I write for myself & for my grandchildren but if the story helps you share it around. As always, thank you & (F)Friday (S)See (Y)You…... here again.

谢谢; Thanks;
感恩 (Ganen) Grateful
With Gratitude
感恩Today, Joyful Tomorrow... fsy
It’s no secret that 感恩 leads to more gratitude.

Please join me in advocating:

Make Money & Love Safety

赚钱第一安全在我心! & 明天一定会更好!加油哦

Jana Wang, Cinta Keselamatan

Until We Meet Here Next Friday... Be FSY (F)Friendly (S)Strong & (Y)Youthful.

Click to continue reading… http://www.qualipreneur.com/category/friday-sharing/

Acknowledgements

My FSY’s sharing is unscientifically and some are contributed by wife & children, friends, acquaintances. I write and share things that matter to me. I understand that everyone has their own opinions, views, & thoughts. There are no right or wrong answers. Nothing is true or untrue, most facts and data can be twisted to your favour.

To the authors, contributors and original sources, my thanks and where appropriate my apologies if I forget to quote your names.  If I took a page from your generous sharing and tweaked it into something else, something I hope will spread and the whole purpose is for sharing and sharing is caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment