Sunday 16 December 2018

A Letter of Recognition (1997)


A Letter of Recognition (1997)


My Journey of "subtraction" (A one-word Resolution)is almost reaching to the end of 2018, and I cannot deny that unboxing to declutter is a hell of a challenge!

However, there are gems to be found within these clutter like many interesting surprising old documents and memories reappearing in front of my eyes!

Here is another good old story to be shared is a letter from the management of my previous employer.

Another special bonus award in 1997 for the 1996 President's Safety Award.

Safety used to be HR functions in the good old days.

Then in 1996, our General Manager wanted me to take over in managing safety as well because at that instance I have done such a Quality job with the Total Quality Management (TQM).

Reluctantly, I assumed control of Safety from HR with an agreement from the management that I can hire someone with safety knowledge to be my advisor.

I managed to hire the best from the safety industry who is the President of the Singapore Institution of Safety Officers, Mr. Andrew Tan.

With him as my advisor, both of us worked tediously in turning a zero base safety system to a fully functioning and recognized system that received the Corporate President Safety Award.

Though this is history and not trying to brag. It is another episode from a guy who dares to take an opportunity given who has never been certified with any HSE certifications but managed to achieve excellence in his works!

I can achieve all these tasks successfully due to my strong belief in becoming an

(A) Agent for changes with always be
(B) Bold mentality;
(C) Courageous enough to
(D) Disagree and
(E) Encourage alternative views
.....that's FSY, A, B, C, D, E mode of Making A Dent!

People who ever mentioned that a Qualipreneur cannot manage a Safety Management System smoothly; ought to rethink their perceptions!



Recycle my old stuff to a Karang Guni man
Another load of clutter, I am almost there to achieve my 2018 one-word Resolution "Subtraction" Goal 2018 Achievable









No comments:

Post a Comment